EE235 Course Information
EE235: Continuous Time Linear Systems
Course Information, Fall 2006
Course Information/Syllabus: PS
version; PDF version. This
is electronic version of the form that was passed out the first day
of class. Most course information
is on the syllabus, including the problem set
assignments, due dates, and class schedule.
- 12/6/2006: Solutions to our midterm are located
with the other
- 12/6/2006: All homework solutions are now posted in the solutions page.
- 11/28/2006: For the laplace transform, you will need
to look at the following handout.
- 11/27/2006: Several people asked me for the code and scripts
of today's matlab demo. I've placed them all in the
directory here which includes a documented
list of commands and the other scripts that I called.
- 11/27/2006: HW5 and HW6 solutions are now posted in the solutions area. HW7 will be posted later
this week. Also, a remimnder to everyone that there are
no lates accepted for homework 9 (see our
syllabus for details).
- 11/5/2006: midterm histogram is
now availalbe. Class mean (median) is 26.4 (28) which corresponds to a
final grade of roughly a 3.2.
- 10/31/2006: A student asked for the worked solutions to the problems
on your notes (pages 55, 56, and 89), and they are now
- 10/27/2006: Solutions for the latest hws 3-4 are now posted in the
- 10/26/2006: Sample midtern exams are here. Note, some of them have the solutions written
right with the exam, so if you don't want to see the solutions, you
might want to look at them incrementally. These are exams that I gave
myself (the ones whose name start with 'ee235...') and also other
example exams. There are also a few finals there as well, but you
don't need to worry about them until your final :-)
- 10/23/2006: Question on problem 3.31: The time constant is defined
on page 42 of the text. If we have a complex exponential
where is the variable, then we set
the following , where
is known as the time constant in this case we have
. Also, you'll need to turn in short printouts
of matlab code for this problem.
- 10/19/2006: HW1 and HW2 solutions are now posted in the
- 10/18/2006: Homework solutions and many examples of previous
midterms (all with solutions) will be posted here in pdf form very soon!!
- 10/13/2006: As you probably noticed, we have a grader. His name is
Dan Luong and his email is email@example.com.
If you have questions about grading on your homework, the first person
to ask is Dan. If you still have questions, next ask our TAs ( Evan and/or Eric). And if you then still have
questions, please ask me.
- 10/11/2006: Eta Kappa Nu Study Center opens Monday, October 16.
Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00am - 1:00 pm,
Location: EE Building Upper Basement.
Offering high-quality tutoring in a low-pressure environment,
focusing on EE215, 233, and 235.
- 10/10/2006: Matlab tutorial Friday the 13th, look
- 10/2/2006: TA office hours will be in the SIEG tutorial
rooms, which are Sieg 126/128.
- 9/28/06: It turns out that the course notes will be at the
bookstore after all (this is a new thing they're starting this quarter). I'm told
that you can get your course notes starting tomorrow morning at
the bookstore located
here. I don't know the price (but if you find
out, let me know and I'll post it here).
- 9/27/06: A new matlab primer for EE students is now online (other matlab links are below)
- 9/27/06: The class course notes have been now sent
to the communications (CMU) copy center, and should be available
to pick up starting later tomorrow afternoon. These notes will
not be made available electronically unfortunately.
- 9/27/06: No discussion sections this week (first section will be Monday, Oct 2nd).
- 9/27/06: HW0 is now ready in
PS and PDF formats.
- 9/27/06: Everyone enrolled in the class must provide a photograph/picture
of yourself so we can get to know you. The photo must
be recent, and must look like
the way you'll typically look in class. You have two options
to get us this photo:
Photos are an assignment, for which you will receive credit,
and are due no later than Wednesday, October 4th, 2005.
- Email your full name, your SID, and a digital photo of yourself to
(please remember to include your SID, student ID as some people
have the same name).
- We will be bringing cameras to class and can take your picture
- 9/27/06: web page up and running
All homework assignments are listed
in the course information/syllabus above.
Homework FAQ page (general questions
about homework that are not in the syllabus).
All of the five laboratory assignments are avaialble on the connections web
site. They are to be finished during discussion in the week as
indicated in the syllabus.
You are strongly encouraged to fully read and understand the
laboratories before the discussion section in which you are to do
them. Failure to read beforehand might mean that you can't complete
the lab in discussion. Labs will be graded on a pass/no-pass basis,
so again you must prepare before your discussion.
Other Important Information
Information on EE Computer Access
Send Prof. Bilmes anonymous feedback
Send TAs anonymous feedback (this will send anonymous email to
both TAS, Evan Hanusa and Eric Rombokas, but to no one else).
EPost: EE235 Q&A Message Board
from catalyst for using EPost.)
Riskin's Interactive Demos
Warning: The class notes mostly parallel these lessons, but there will be
some differences, particularly for Lessons 21-24.
(Send email about errors on these web pages to riskin@ee.)
EE235 Grading, Collaboration and Make-up Policies
Page last updated $Id: index.html,v 1.24 2006/12/06 23:36:50 bilmes Exp bilmes $